If you have been considering varicose vein treatment, fall is a great time to schedule a vein consultation.
Fall is a time of year that many of us look forward to. It features some of our favorite foods and flavors while conjuring up images of football games, colorful fall foliage, and quiet evenings spent beside a fire. Regardless of your age or whether you have young children, fall is also associated with back-to-school and the promise of new beginnings. If you have been dealing with issues related to varicose veins, the season could mean a fresh start for you as well. Fall is one of the best times to schedule a vein consultation at Advanced Vein Therapy and discuss the various treatment options available.
Are You Suffering From Varicose Veins?
Varicose veins are those bulging and twisting red, blue, or purple lines that typically appear on your legs or feet. They occur due to damage within the veins, which carry blood to and from the heart.
Valves located throughout the veins regulate blood flow. When these valves weaken and become damaged, it causes the blood to pool within the vein. This pooled blood is visible through the skin and is responsible for the appearance of varicose veins.
While varicose veins can occur in both sexes, women are typically more likely to suffer from them. Hereditary factors are often responsible. If your parents or grandparents suffered from varicose veins, there is a good chance that you will too. Age can also increase the risks of problems with varicose veins. Other factors that are likely to increase the likelihood of developing them include:
- Being overweight;
- Leading a sedentary lifestyle;
- Standing for extended periods;
- For women, the strain of pregnancy and childbirth.
Why Fall Is the Best Time to Explore Treatment Options
It is common for people to first become aware of varicose veins during the summer months when they are frequently wearing swimsuits or other outfits that show their legs. However, the summer months are typically busy, with plenty of people putting off doing anything about their varicose veins until the fall.
The months of September through November are often an ideal time for seeking treatment for varicose veins. Common reasons include:
- Many insurance providers require therapeutic measures to be taken before treatment is covered. This can include wearing compression hose for a certain number of weeks. Many find this more comfortable during the fall months.
- By requesting a vein consultation now, you can be ready and looking forward to whatever the winter months have in store.
- For people who keep busy year-round schedules, a vein consultation now can help you to plan treatments over the holidays, when you typically have more days off to devote to yourself.
- Fall treatment assures that you will be ready for shorts when the warmer months roll around again!
Varicose Vein Treatments Offered at AVT
At AVT, we will be happy to schedule you a vein consultation this fall. This can allow you to visit our facility, meet our friendly staff, and become acquainted with our team of trained interventional radiologists and advanced practice providers. They will thoroughly explain the variety of safe and highly effective treatments for varicose veins that we perform at Advanced Vein Technology. These include:
- Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA): This treatment relies on radio waves to treat varicose veins.
- Sclerotherapy: This involves using a foamy solution to shrink varicose veins, causing them to disappear.
- Venaseal: This minimally-invasive procedure involves using medical glue to seal your affected veins. With no downtime, this treatment is perfect for those on the go.
- Endovenous Laser Treatments (EVLT): This procedure relies on lasers to seal damaged varicose veins, diverting blood flow to other areas.
All of the above varicose vein treatments are safely performed regularly in our Boise office, with minimal downtime and little to no activity restrictions afterward.
Schedule Your Vein Consultation at Advanced Vein Therapy Today
Fall is the perfect time to explore your options for eliminating varicose veins. At Advanced Vein Therapy, we have been providing safe, effective varicose vein treatments to clients in our community for decades. To request a vein consultation, call or contact our Boise office online today.